Friday, June 10, 2011

Before I follow "The Rules"

Alright.  So, I decided that before I go into all this research I am going to try and see how I do my own using the limited knowledge that I have acquired through past experiences (and of course advice from friends). For you all that know me already, I am very spontaneous and rarely back down from a challenge.  Let me set the stage:

Location:  A crowded KO's Restaurant.
Time 11:45 AM (lunchtime)
Attire: Professional dress (as professional as you can be getting up 10 minutes before you have to leave).
Temperature: To make it that much more interesting, 100+ degrees.
Company: A good friend from work named Beth (who I discussed starting this site with and who helped me add the frog picture to the right).

Eating, eating, eating, spontaneous idea pops into my mind! (Genius, I might add).  I am going to be one of those corny actresses in a romantic comedy about finding prince charming at a bar leaving her number for the sexy waiter.

I thought to myself, "I think our waiter is good looking (minus the poodle hair).  He seems nice.  I am going to try and hit on him to see how good I am.  So I did the one thing I know you must do to land a guy... make eye contact and smile like you are staring the definition of "hotness" in the face.

I also made sure my boobs looked good, didn't have anything in my teeth, no eye boogies and didn't look fat at that angle( from where Beth sits)... oh and the lip gloss...

He brings the check and I thought "that's the ticket... the test!!!" See if it worked by leaving my number and seeing if he calls me... Then I can practice the rules on this guinea pig. So I kindly asked Beth to write, "Hi, Cutie" and my number. (This was only because I have the worst handwriting in the world and I wanted it to look somewhat flirtatious and cute, knowing that I write like a man, or because I am left-handed and no one that is left handed has good handwriting.) ANYWAY... back to the story.

I go back to work and I am freaking out the rest of the day for doing something so dumb.  What 26 year old gives their waiter their digits, on a lunch break?  Great! Now he's going to stalk me on Facebook... he is going to find out where I live and chop me up or his girlfriend is going to stab me in my sleep. Eh. Fuck it.

I get home and by that point forget what I had even done. I get a text from a random number.  Then it hits me like a ton of bricks... I left the number on the check... shit.
He wrote, "Thank you for the note. It made my day."

I literally sat there for 10 minutes thinking of a response.  The only scenario I thought of was the typical "hi" "hey whats up" scenario.  Not the "you made my day"quote that wasn't even a question, how do I know that he even wants me to respond...I wrote, "I'm glad. :)".  I waited for a minute and thought, "That is the dumbest thing you could have wrote!!!"  You should have said something really flirtatious like, "I could make your night" (but in a less slutty tone than I have in my head right now).  I ruined it. "Such an idiot!", I thought.  I might have been overacting because he wrote, "So what are you up to tonight?"....

Ok. Pause... I stopped texting him to write this blog entry.  What the hell am I going to say? I can't tell him the truth, that I am a single 26 year old girl that stays home on the weekends to write, read and cuddle with my cats?  I am doomed...

3 comments:

  1. Ok. I'm home from volunteering and this is HILARIOUS! I read it out loud to my sister and she is cracking up. I told you this was good shit!

    Go YOU and my amazing handwriting. ;)

    This is what you say... You're out whooping it up with the ladies at the Stone Rose Lounge at the Fairmont and they have a kickin' DJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might I mention the fact that I am watching Supernanny on a Friday night eating a PB & J (ALONE...)

    ReplyDelete